December 20, 2010

reverb 10.20 : beyond avoidance

What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

I'm thinking that I would have to say the big one was drop some more weight. This year I mostly concentrated on reducing my intake of processed foods, increasing the WHOLE foods and downsizing the portions. This certainly helped and I dropped 45 pounds since last January.

BUT....

I know I need to exercise. And I have totally avoided it. I have taken short half hearted stabs at being more active and usually end up hurting myself in the process. But that's not why I avoided it. No matter what my "out loud" excuse was there are really only two reasons why I avoided it. The first is because I self sabotage (working on it) and the second is because I am lazy.

And I am perfectly aware of both of those flaws.
Will I do something about it you ask?

I have a plan.

When I get back from Jamaica at the end of January (I lost 20 pounds there last year in 2 weeks and I got into an active groove) I am joining the YMCA and I will waterwalk and swim, or even just walk walk - inside where there's no ice to wipe out on. But I will exer(shiver)cise a minimum of twice week, the aim is for 3-4 times a week by summer.

Look out 50 here I come!

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com