March 08, 2007

it's friday, I mean my friday, your thursday ...

it's my friday because I have an EDO tomorrow (earned day off) so I get a long weekend.

yesterday I got all caught up on the backlog at work so today I am working on today's incoming. who hoo!

this morning when I woke up at 7am, the sun was shining in my window - ahhhh HUGE sigh of relief, and a smile crept over my face like the grinch when his heart grew. auto sloughing of winter doldrums began. the walk to work was a stroll into the light, and the grin grew. by the time i got to the office it was cheshire.

having reclaimed my generally optimistic outlook, I decided to see if I could wear my glasses today. a light graze of the shnoz proved painless, the bruising just a faint olive tinge under the skin ... what they hey, put them on - a little uncomfortable but no real pain. 3rd homerun of the day and it was only 9am.

it's now 1:30 and the sun shone all through lunch (I was out doing a little goddess worship at noon time) amanda & chris are out unplugging their street drain in an atttempt to allieviate the 3 inches of water already starting to pool at the curb. It's the first spring in the new house so it's better safe than sorry (personally, I think they like to play in the puddles too). I am quite sure that the streets on my way home will be mush when it's time to slog on, but it does not matter because I like to jump in the puddles too. (I told you before I prefer to stay 8 years old).

think I'll get a light jacket and sit on my deck and read a bit - hallelujah the hundred little gods are smilin' on me today.

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com