January 12, 2007

. . . a frosty friday

i bet only Frodo at the top of Mount Doom or maybe the crew from Happy Feet could appreciate the temperatures we've had the last couple days. -33 degrees Celsius - before the wind. weather network says it feels like -42 with the wind chill. I'll take their word for it! almost makes me grateful for being bronchial and not having to go out in it - almost. at least this morning the hack is only coming from the diaphragm and not the toes. I'll take any progress I can get.

i heard a phrase the other day that almost made me hurl, not because it was neccesarily nasty, but because it was so graphically specific to what is wrong with me. are you ready? "lung butter" thank you sister Patty. I told my daughter and she started to gag ... but it was just so appropriate to the conversation at the time. any time you can elicit an immediate physical response from two such innocuous words, that's great usage.

on a completely different topic, how many of you out there have inherited china patterns from moms, grandmas etc? I don't know if this means anything to people any longer. we had a fair large family and family celebrations meant dressing up and using the good china - there are SO many memories that can be dredged up just by seeing the pattern. entire mini videos run in my head. maybe it's just me?

I have a small selection of Royal Albert Petit Point serving pieces that survived a crash of the china box at my mom's some 15-20 years ago. it used to be an entire set with 8-12 place settings. so if anyone knows someone who wants to be relieved of the breakables, please let me know. I'd like to rebuild it to a 6 place setting service. the pattern was discontinued in 1997 so I'll have to hunt them up somehow.

back to bed I go, nice comfy feather bed, maybe I can sleep myself better.

1 comment:

Elan Morgan said...

Too bad you don't have Memory Lane. I've got tons I could unload on you for a steal.

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com