December 19, 2006

... not quite wednesday

whew! glad Monday flew by - very productive - work caught up before all the holidays - start the new year with a clean desk. it was great to come home and find my son had reorganized and cleaned the media stand, hid all the wires and he cleaned the kitchen too! wicked sweet...


and now it's tuesday - "could be my good news day" .... bygones, it's a line from a song that seems to be running on an infinte loop in my back brain. so what is the good news? well you know that cookbook I put together, I gave a copy to a good friend of mine and she was excited about my granny's silver dollar pancake recipe ...(life is good when such simple things excite us) and lo and behold there are the ingredients - WITH NO MEASUREMENTS. And I had the damn thing proofed twice - by different people no less, it was probably the font. No, the solution is not to type them out and stick the correction in the book, but to leave the mistake there, in all it's misshapen glory, and see how many people notice. heh heh heh I could tell them I did it on purpose so they would have to call me - but that would be wrong (but funny).


so how much more do you have to do to be ready for xmas? only 6 more sleeps...here's what I still have to do
. . . finish at least one of Dad's nightshirts (AHA - I finished one tonight - doin' a little happy dance round the sewing machine!)
. . . wrap the presents


yup, that's it. Some might say I still need to put up the tree and do some baking. I decline for lack of motivation. HEY - I heard that - I am not a scrooge, Im just tired. I did get my summer vacation 2007 calendar done today though.


no worries

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com