December 22, 2006

. . . epiphanies

a wonderful but oft abused word meaning
1: a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something 2: an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking 3: an illuminating discovery, realization, or disclosure b : a revealing scene or moment

you know how every once in a while the planet just gives you a kick in the pants ... just to let you know that we are all just small potatoes in the scheme of things? well today I went back to one of my old high schools, my grade 11 niece was singing a solo in their Christmas variety show (very proud auntie). so off we go, and as I am crossing the street I automatically douse my smoke - school grounds you know.. cross the lawn, observe the lawn lights are now rooted in cement blocks with heavy duty wire cages around them, then up the steps and through the doors trailing behind what appears to be a group of students.

epiphany: all high school students throughout history are the same. I watch the parade of personae in the making - a couple of geeks over there, a few gangster wannabes shuffling down the hall, a smouldering dark rebel or two holding up the wall, an academic utterly lost in what she is reading on the steps, and in the middle of the foyer 3 grade 9 comrades in arms trying too hard to impress their style and stature (ROTFL) upon the girlish archetypes nearby: punker/goth, tart(bimbette), jock and at least 2 bubbleheads. bare shoulders, legs and feet with less than a week to christmas (however I only started wearing socks in the winter about 4 years agowith short/long/styled/unkempt/blue/pink/red green hair (the blue looked pretty cool)and a plethora of tatoos and piercings (teenage angst) A couple of seniors stride through the adolescent tidal pool and the kids waver and eddy in their wake. every face I tried on in high school came back to me. Now THAT was bloody shocking. They are all me, and you, and you, and you...

the doors to the auditorium is to remain locked until just before the performance but the music teacher takes pity on our small group and lets us in to sit and BONUS we got centre front seats.

The show was entertaining, and Goldie sang very well, hugely emotive and she has a particular note that is so pure and so clear and powerful it makes the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up. scads of pics with my new camera, but forgot to change the focal length when i moved from distance to close ups. I must say in my own defense, that the background in the close ups is unbelievably crisp.

I love my new camera - I just need to figure out all the gizmos and whim-whams for gooses bridles that run all the detailed functions (which should only take the next 5 years or so)but at least I can take basic pics for santa day.

*****************

so tomorrow I have to pick up the van, drop off a stereo, stop at the Tire, have tea with my friend PJ, grab some fresh greens and do the laundry. the 24th will be out to MJ with the crew to see the grand puba, and back for the evening to my daughter's. it's always a joy to watch my grandkids faces santa day. pure unadulterated glee. supper with the clan and then some visiting with the girls.

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com