December 21, 2006

.. . little niggles

~ those things which don't bug you enough to set you off, but drive you wild when too many get under your skin (like sand in your socks)
* * * * * * * * *
the word "ma'am" used in reference to me:

I do not to be called ma'am,
I like it less than I like spam.

I ignore it from a child,
from adults - it drives me wild.
It's on my list of words forgotten,
it makes me feel old, used and rotten.
Lady, hey you, whistle or Tchhh,
or even in extremis, bitch
All of these gain my attention,
and other words you'd never mention
Call me these, I respond better
or madam, just don't drop "d" letter.
I'm not a cowgirl tough and hardy,
but a wench who likes to party.

I do not to be called ma'am,
I like it less than I like spam.
* * * * * * * * *
reactionists

I have a bit of education in the realm of comparative religion. Since the release of the movie "Davinci Code" I have received over 50 emails asking me to defend/refute (depending on which side of the fence they are on) the religious truth/accuracy/ideologies encompassed by the movie... oh ye hundred little gods ... grant me the serenity ...

IT"S A FREAKING MOVIE! It's purpose is to engage people and make money. It worked.
* * * * * * * * *
New Year's Resolutions

resolution: the decision to embark upon a process which resolves what is perceived as a problem, or to improve a perceived lack.

I used to make new year's resolutions every year, work hard at them for a few months/weeks/days and then casually let them fall by the wayside by summer. then take a trip on the guilt train because (check all that apply):
. . . broke your word to yourself
. . . are weak
. . . lack focus
. . . are terrible at time management
. . . forgot
. . . let yourself down
. . . looked in the mirror and realized what a beautiful person you are INSIDE

. . . I don't make NY resolutions any more.

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com