November 16, 2009

monday sucketh

Icky and tired all week end - cancelled all Saturday outings and slept 12 hours.
Not sure if I have a come and go fever or hot flashes.
Sunday, left the house for the fundraiser supper for 2 hours.
No sniffles but sinus drain - no headache but I'm just freaking exhausted.
Couldn't sleep. Barking like a seal.

Went to the doctor. Waited patiently for an hour and a half before asking for an update on how long this was going to take. I could feel the millions of virii trying to attack me from all those other sick people. I was told I was next. My doctor called 4 other people. I arched my eyebrow at the asst who told me "next" even though I felt like SCREAMING at him. He moved my file to a different doctor. It was still another half hour in the waiting room and 15 in the exam room.

No fever - no flue. allergies resulting in sinusitis complicating bronchitis. More antibiotics.

Go to the pharmacy - they said 20 minutes and gave me a pager. I wandered, found an emery board some lengthening mascara and a back of jujubes that I'm not supposed to eat. half hour killed. Sat down on the waiting chair BESIDE THE PHAARMACY COUNTER. at the hour mark I went and asked how much longer it would be? Politely I might add. The pharmacist says its been waiting half an hour. I hand him the pager and he shrugs, smiles, and tells me "sometimes they work and sometimes they don't" - sorry.
I am surrounded by mental midgets, always bad when I'm not at my best.

Home I go. No parking places. get me a gun - a big one, like a howitzer and I'll make a parking place. 16 drives around the block.

I start some stew since I missed lunch chasing my prescription. Go to have a nap = forgot I was to have coffee with the boy after work. Call wakes me up. Lay back down, another call - NOT MINE. The boy comes over to see me quick, give me some horrible news about a good friend's ex, but he does take the trash out to the bin for me.

I go downstairs to do laundry - it's always busy Sunday open Monday. Loads in both washers with another basket waiting, back up the stairs with nothing gained. REALLY. Next trip down - only one washer is free. Back to put in dryer - doesn't want to accept my loonie... finally. Now it is after 11pm - I'm tired and bitchy and waiting for my single load to dry. Have to do the rest tomorrow.

AARRGGHHHHH. Going back to bed as soon as I get my clothes.

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com