November 25, 2009

designing for dk

I'm taking my first tropical vacation ever and from what I gather the humidity is such that you better take several swim suits because of the length of time it takes them to dry (pack travel panties - fast drying), Anyway I bought some lovely semi opaques crinkly cottons to craft some beach/poolside togs for the island and am having a simply nasty time trying to decide what I want to make.

Take into account:
1. Heat - need to be airy & well ventilated
2. Humidity - light fabric loose and flowing
3. Large body - slightly fitted to body not to bulky, deep necklines, empire waist
4. Stubby legs - just above knee - skorts so no thigh wiffles, maybe open side leg
5. Easy to make - simple lines no zippers pleating lining etc
6. Practicality - can be worn over a swimsuit.

I know I want to make at least one little swing dress - above the knee - kind of like a long tunic - sleeveless with a collared neckline but sweatheart shaped in front - maybe diaper pants to go with it and then perhaps a slightly longer dress or maybe two the same but different materials and one with shorts and one with pants but «i really like the belly dancing skirt but not sure if I`m quite that CONFIDENT but it is Jamaica - you see the problem?

Methinks this needs some more planning before cutting but I do need toget on it.

No comments:

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com