February 01, 2010

back on the tundra

If it is only at the end of your vac ation that you begin to list the negatives - you had a great vacation. And if the negatives are a short list and truly inconsequential, it was even better.

I am grateful for:

1. Having the best 2 weeks of my life - hands down.
2. Missing the blizzard and spending that day at the swim up bar, in the sunshine with great friends.
3. Having people stuck in Sask who dug out my car and toted me to and from the airport even when my flight home never got here till almost midnight, and hauling the luggage up the stairs for me;)
4. Enjoying a standard of living not seen in a great portion of the world.
5. Finding parts of myself that were long lost and forgotten and realizing that I need to told onto them now that I'm home.

Even the shift to -20C cannot possibly get me down. The parking ticket for snow removal is paid, I have rum cream for my coffee, and my jeans are now too big.

I do need to get some Canadian cigrets though.

1 comment:

Muse said...

Missed you very much and love you even more...can't wait to hear all the stories!

improvise & overcome

... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman

dictionary definitions:

1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.
(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]

synonom :"dame"

acronym:
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness

International Wenches Guild

what do you believe?

Disclaimer

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Advice by trained professionals should always be sought in place of any recommendations or information provided herein. Opinions expressed on this website do not reflect the opinions of the wench’s employers, family, or friends, unless otherwise noted.

Thank you to Schmutzie.com for the text of this disclaimer :)

DON'T STEAL, PLEASE: Please do not copy/paste, or Shift CNTRL C any text or images without wench’s express permission. It is not nice and I would most likely share if you asked. Send me an email to mailto:omanipadmehum@gmail.com