1. I did not catch Deb's H1N1.
2. My friends are still talking to me.
3. Someone is returning my lost cell phone from Selam.
4. My family seems to be doing fair well.
5. My jeans fit again.
Rainy Day at the Columbus Day Parade
1 week ago
... and why would I choose to associate myself with a term that most used used in a derogatory manner?
In order to change the meaning of a word or create a new meaning for a word, one must own the word. Over time and use the word may evolve to mean other than was originally intended & to that end...
my definition: an independent woman
1. informal term for a (young) woman
2. an unsupervised umarried woman
3. a young woman or girl, esp. a peasant girl.(usually facetious)
3. a woman servant
4. a wanton woman
5. Archaic: a strumpet
[Origin: 1250–1300; ME, back formation from wenchel, OE wencel child]
Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness
International Wenches Guild